Sunday, October 15, 2006

Dance Party USA

Does anyone remember this show besides me? I remember it used to be on at 3:30p & I'd rush home after school to watch it. I always wanted to be on the show & meet the "stars". Well one summer, when I was 15, my wish came true. My family & I were going back east for the Deal family reunion. I contacted the studio to ask if we could get tickets for a taping during the week that we were going to be there. And they granted my wish! Chrissy & I were taped on three shows that afternoon. We even opened up the show by saying our names & where we were from! We were superstars!


I found this picture while going thru some old boxes. Kelly Ripa is on the left.. black dress w/the nice rhinestone necklace. I look at this picture & think WTF!? What's with the hair & poofy dresses? I know, I know. That was just the style. It's good for a laugh now!

And here's a great website to walk down memory lane too (IF you remember this show)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was on the show, too! My friend's aunt got us tickets. We filmed three shows while we were there. It was so much fun! Would you consider selling this poster? I had one on my bedroom door but when I went away to college, my mom threw it away.

Tracy Dominguez said...

I was there as well. Of the 42 people in that poster, ten were on the set when I was at WGBS Channel 57. Three, one-hour episodes shot in ten hours on a hot airless set. Rennie barking "You! Off the set for talking!" Lots of takes. I never considered being on the show but one day a regular named Jessica mentioned my name on the air. I was trying to win that dpusa poster and she must have read my name from a postcard. So I decided to be on the show. I met my favourite regulars who were still on the show: Julie Amick, Princess, Cindy Stark, Annette Pizzo, Tara Kulesa, along with Brat of Twisto Brat and Mugzy and Full Blooded Italians Tommy and Sal. There was Spicy without Aubrey, Christina without Jason and Jimmy Jam without Lillian. Phil Ferrara and Lisa Kastner were my inspirations, overcoming adversity. And there were the Tullys and the Wares. Ed and Chris got thrown off the set that day. Chris told me his drums had Sabian cymbals. God rest his soul along with Phil, Justine Michaels and Anne Ware. It was difficult filming those episodes with pasted smiles, high humidity and endless takes but I had fun. I never got the poster but I have letters from Jessica and Annette and Mum didn't throw those out. There have been other dance shows in America and England but there will never be another "Remember! We need you to make it happen!"